Cheyenne Elks Lodge #0660 was chartered June 25, 1901 and has been in the same building since November 16th, 1903. That makes our building over 100 years old and the pictures tell only part of our long history in this building as a part of downtown Cheyenne.
In 1955 the Central Avenue entrance was added and then in 2000 the 17th Street new front was added as part of our Centennial celebration. Our external features have changed over the years but our internal Lodge floor has not changed other than raising the ceiling height 10 feet around 1946.
Over the years we have been an integral part of the City of Cheyenne, Cheyenne Frontier Days (CFD) and many other Community activities. As part of the CFD heritage we owned the legendary horse Steamboat for a period of time. Still today we bring Veterans in from the Cheyenne VA Hospital to watch from our sidewalks.